Thursday, February 5, 2009

Rugby Players are Cannibals


So this week we read an article about a Rugby team and their loved ones that crashed in a mountain and were left to survive. They came to the realization that the only way to survive was to eat the dead carcasses that didn't make it, in order to have energy to live and find help. Now the survivers came up with many justifications as to why they did what they did or "ate what they ate". The most interesting justification was the one that they said that they'd be sinners if they didn't live because they have the resources right in front of them. I realize that this isn't a religion class, but was that a correct reason? I'm really not sure, personally I am Catholic and I suppose there is nothing in the Bible against eating dead bodies, I assume it's just frowned upon? Well I'd like to know what others are thinking?? Would Bear Grylls go to thhat extreme??

2 comments:

  1. I think Bear Gryls would most def go that extreme cuz well hes Bear Grylls

    ReplyDelete
  2. G,
    Great pic! Where'd you find that? I think the religious interpretation that the article gave is probably the way most biblical scholars would interpret it, esp. Catholics. Most of the survivors were Catholic and they were forgiven by the Church afterwards

    ReplyDelete