Today the population has become enslaved by cold hearted technologies. Whatever happened to face time rather than facebook time? Our generation is wrapped up in the virtual world. For example with the recent publishing of "Hook-ups becoming more prevalent as teens neglect traditional standard" it just shows how shallow our generation has become. When Kevin '10 states that "Instead, the only requirement is physical attraction" no wonder people don't make face time, they're too concerned about the judgment the other will impose on appearance alone. A comical relief to all this madness is the upcoming movie, "He's Just Not That Into You", I watched the trailer and laughed at the witty line, "I had this guy leave me a voice mail at work, and so I called him at home, and he emailed me to my BlackBerry, and so I texted to his cell, and now you just have to go around checking all these different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies. It's exhausting" sure I laughed but unfortunately it's the scary reality of today. Just look at the divorce rates, they're as high as they've ever been and so have the sales of all these portals. These two things share a direct inverse of each other. Think about the family then..."honey, dinner's ready!" and now...*ring ring*"grab yourself something to eat." I don't mean to criticize because my families the same way. But if we can prevent anymore Kevin '10's I think the world would be a better place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
G-
ReplyDeleteI love those Dentyne ads! That movie sounds very funny too. Great job relating the Kevin article to sociology to that movie trailer.