I watched the video you posted about Genie and oh my goodness! That just like really amazes me! I think it was appalling that Genie suffered so much abuse, and I think it’s terrible that a suitable foster parent wasn’t immediately set up to help Genie grow familiar and comfortable with her new situation. Had a suitable family environment been formed, further abuse and the return to non-verbal communication might have been avoided.When it said that the father thought she was retarded at birth and that's why she was in solitude, can an environment like that make you mentally retarded. That's scary to think about.I think Science had a lot to learn but the girl’s basic human rights should have been considered a lot more.A really interesting case, despite the sad outcome. THat's so weird to think about she's like a clean slate influenced by nothing but the abuse of her parents. She is the experiment nothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
poor Genie. i feel so bad for her... how did she like eat and go to the bathroom and stuff? didnt anybody realize that no one has seen this mans daughter since the day she was born? why didnt anybody look for her?
ReplyDelete